1. Who was your best friend?Probably Kram. Really his girlfriend and I were buddies, but somehow that fizzled and Kram and I have stayed friends since 9th grade- that's 1990 for those of you wondering.
2.What sports did you play? When I was a wee one, I played softball and was on swim team. By high school, I was a band nerd. My dad called me... wait for it..... Nerdine!
3. What kind of car did you drive? When I drove- I didn't get a car for my 16th birthday like some people- I drove mom's Ford minivan where me and 8 of my closest friends rode around Gtown. Or, dad's Ford Taurus when he was out of town on business. woohoo!
4. It's Friday night, where were you? Playing in the band at a football game.

5. Were you a party animal? Ummm hello. I was in the BAND! We partied all the time! Ok, not really...
6. Were you considered a flirt? No. I was a big chicken. Still am!
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Band and choir. Band was my world though.
8. Were you a nerd? See question 7.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Hell NO. I never even had detention. Unlike my sister and brother who both lived in Saturday school in high school.
10. Can you sing the fight song? No. But, I could probably play it for you on my French horn! I think it was Washington & Lee swing?!?!
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Byrd, the band director who let us get away with murder. I spent wayyy to much time in the band room. We'd miss (ok, skip) class and listen to band music all day. Ahhh.
12. What was your relationship status? One boyfriend for a couple of months. I was sooo chicken... still am. Did I mention that already?
13. School mascot? Red Devils!! Go Germantown.
14. Did you go to Prom? Yes. With the pilot.
15. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Sometimes, yes. Sometimes, no. I wouldn't have been so chicken about things. I was always worried about impressing people and being the good girl.
16. What do you remember most about graduation? Kram and I rode together. We were late getting to my party afterwards. We decided to drive around and talk. It was kinda nice. I started to get a little weepy when, on the radio, came "Bohemian Rhapsody" came on the radio. We started head-banging. This was the year "Wayne's World" came out. It was the perfect way to wrap up the evening. Then on to the party at my house. The pilot broke into the house to let everyone in for the party. Apparently my parents were late too.
17. Where were you on senior skip day? If there was one, I wasn't invited.
18. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes. I worked at Holliday's Fashions in Gtown.
19. Where did you go most often for lunch? Cafeteria. I had last lunch and we had a salad bar. I ate a lot of salad!
20. Have you gained weight since then? Umm hello. You're not supposed to ask a lady her age nor her weight! How rude!
21. What did you do after graduation? I went to the University of Memphis. My family moved to Oklahoma!
22. When did you graduate? May 1994.
23. Who was your Senior prom date? The pilot. He's a daddy now (see earlier post).
24. Are you going to your 10 year reunion? I did not. We had a happy non-reunion at F & H. Me, Kram, the pilot, and the gtb. From what I understand, less than 40 people attended the reunion- including spouses.
25. Who was your home room teacher? I have no clue. We rarely had home room.
26. Who will repost this after you? Not sure.
1 comment:
We had homeroom every single day. I didn't get a car for my birthday either. Didn't have my own until HS graduation, and that came from Uncle Bud.
And, you know band geeks can party!!
Post a Comment