Monday, February 26, 2007

Momma's sick.... day 5!

Some of you know that my Dad died 9 years ago this October of lung cancer. Some days it feels like it was yesterday... some days it feels like a lifetime ago.

So with momma being sick, it's kinda freaking me out. I have never seen her this weak. This exhausted. Last night she ate some dinner. Unfortunately it just made her more sick to her stomach. But, she did get a little more color in her face. YAY! Well then late last night - after her dose of Advil for the night- she had fallen asleep. I was laying on the side of the bed, because by this point, I figure it's easier for me to lay here for a while instead of jumping up from my bed every little while. That did not work out. Because her ears are so stopped up, she couldn't hear me and she would forget that I was there. If I moved, it startled her. So needless to say, I went back to my room and lay in bed all night, clenching my jaw, waiting for her to call for me. I don't know what time I finally passed out from exhaustion but I'm thinking I got some solid sleep between 4 and 7:30a.m.

Only 30 more minutes until I get off of work. I'm picking momma up, we're going to the doc and getting her on some good meds! And I am gonna take some good meds and relax!

1 comment:

Sadie said...

hoping she feels better soon. That sucks. Poor Momma.

Blog Archive